Forum subscription manager?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quero

Will be missed
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It seemed to me that I wasn't getting notifications of some of the forums I'm subscribed to (ones that appear in my Subscribed Forums list in my User CP) which I thought I had set up for email notifications. So I decided to take a look at how I had the subscriptions set up so that I could correct any that were not how I want them, but I can't find a place where I am able to manage all my subscriptions with radio buttons or something listing the three choices (CP only, daily or weekly by email). The only method I've been able to think of is to unsubscribe from the forums individually and resubscribe to them one-by-one, making sure to select the notification option I prefer. Even then, all I get in reply is a generic "a subscription has been added" rather than a confirmation that it's the sort of subscription I prefer.

Where can I find a subscriptions manager where I can take care of everything in one step?

Where can I find a subscriptions manager where I can take care of everything in one step?

When I click forum tools on the toolbar at the top of a forum, I get the option to add a subscription and then once I choose that I get the option of the type of notification I want for the forum.

For individual threads you're subscribed to you can manage them using this link: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/subscription.php?folderid=0

CD, that's precisely how I've had to do it--one by one through the Forum Tools menu (I'm not having any issues with thread subscriptions). What I'd like to have is something like this:

Screen Shot 2012-03-24 at 5.30.05 PM.jpg

Sorry... that is not how vBulletin does it. Your forum subscriptions, you can only change the type of subscription by unsubscribing and then resubscribing to it.

You can manage your thread subscriptions via your user cp, but not forum subscriptions.

Your screen shot is from a board using "IP Board" - while it looks similar... it's different.

Thanks. I know that's IP Board, and I understand that different software has different features. And I know how to do it by unsubscribing and resubscribing, but I was hoping there was an easier way. Oh well. Thanks anyway!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom