Forum Question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wjefferis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am very new to ScubaBoard and this forum and was wondering what kind of posts are put in this area. The reason I ask is that I recently had an underwater photo question and was re-directed to another forum (rightfully so). I never knew that there was a special place to post those kinds of questions. I'm obviously a newb, I quess I need to surf around the site a bit more.:admin:

This forum is basically for area specific questions, local sites, info on sites, planning upcoming dives or LDS specials(subforum specific), and the occasional petty banter post :)

While there are some photographers in this forum, you'll get alot more help in the photography forum as the people with the answers concentrate there.

Some of us warrant our own forums based on locations. As for me, my favorite forum would be "Mysteries of the gulf coast surge and surf or who not to invite when the gulf is flat as baked mud". Welcome to SB and enjoy!
SuPrBuGmAn:
This forum is basically for area specific questions, local sites, info on sites, planning upcoming dives or LDS specials(subforum specific), and the occasional petty banter post :)

ps what forum covers PHD?

wjefferies,

nothing wrong with asking a photography question here, however, if it's not related to the area, then it might get moved to the photography forum for example so that it gets a better response from the experts in that field.

However, if you asked about photography on certain wrecks in the "Deep Dixie Diver" area, it's more likely to have been left here for example. (Yes your question did refer to a local wreck (the Russian Freighter) but since it wasn't the main focus of the question, the mod who moved it prob didn't know it was a local wreck. That happens sometimes. Forgive them as they don't always know what they are doing...)

Since you asked about this forum.... from the name you can tell it's about diving in Dixie (or the south). However, most true southerners don't consider Florida part of the south though, so they have their own Florida Conch forum. But since the Florida Panhandle is just "due south" of 'Bama and the rest of "South Florida" doesn't consider them part of the state, we let those "panhandlers" hang out with us also. :D What I mean by this is that you'll see a lot of cross posting of FL panhandle and Deep Dixie dive events. Especially since a lot of us travel to the panhandle to dive. (We also come down and buy lottery tickets on ocassion also.. :D )

They've moved me before also. Some times I put stuff here because I forget to check the sub-forums but I always check this main area. Good to have you here. Lots of great divers in this group. Just make sure that you stay away from a guy name t.wicker. (He thinks he knows something about spearfishing. SSHHHH)

I was pretty much wanting to get some advice and also find out what some of you guys/gals use camrea wise to get great pics. I have gotten some great pics in the past, but I think more from luck than anything else. I was also thinking of getting into some underwater video.

I also have one other question. I do I change my status. Does it change with the number of posts I submit. I have also seen peoples status as SB addict, is that different from being a supporting member?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom