Fort Ross dive report 8/28/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

supersand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After a few questions about sharks, are there sharks? how many sharks have you seen? how sharky is the water up there? etc. etc. Peter reassured me that there weren't any more sharks than normal up his way and we decided to do a dive at Fort Ross on the Sonoma Coast with his friend Ryan. Due to deteriorating vis we only did one dive, but we covered a lot of terrain and got to see some cool stuff.

I pieced together a short video of the dive below.

[vimeo]14567883[/vimeo]

Of course there are sharks...DUH! They are everywhere in the ocean :D

You mean you let me carry a passenger and I didn't charge for it? I guess I need to make sure my tow cord isn't an entanglement hazard. We were laughing pretty hard about the hitch hiker.

There is no way that hunk of metal is from the Pomona. We were at turn pressure when we refound it (We have it GPS marked from a previous dive). That is a long long ways out. Now if we only knew what it was?

Of course there are sharks...DUH! They are everywhere in the ocean :D

You mean you let me carry a passenger and I didn't charge for it? I guess I need to make sure my tow cord isn't an entanglement hazard. We were laughing pretty hard about the hitch hiker.

There is no way that hunk of metal is from the Pomona. We were at turn pressure when we refound it (We have it GPS marked from a previous dive). That is a long long ways out. Now if we only knew what it was?
Interesting none the less. Have to thank you guys again for taking me out and showing me your local dive spots. It was nice to mix it up a little with a non-monterey location.

Looked like a spaceship to me.
It sorta does.

Cool vid. What kind of set up was that that you were using. I'm doing research right now for a video setup and am asking lots of questions.

Thanks, Nice diving up your way.

This is the GoPro HD hero with an Eye of Mine modified flat port housing. I have it mounted to the scooter and have been just leaving it running for entire dives. (the stated battery life is 2.5hrs). This makes one giant file but its nice to just aim the scooter over if something cool is happening w/o having to worry about pushing buttons. No Lcd display so you have to guess where its shooting a little but its a pretty wide field of view so most everything is in-frame usually.

-Erik

That's not just any spaceship, it's a UFO!

Very cool, thanks for the video Erik and it was great to dive with you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom