Formigas and Dollabarat from Sao Miguel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a pity... :(

Fata morgana probably.
The Carangidae are a family of ray-finned fish which includes the jacks, pompanos, jack mackerels, runners, and scads. It is the largest of the six families included within the order Carangiformes. Wikipedia - just in case anyone else wondered... beats me how a beer barrel can desintegrate quickly... (depending on how many divers, the beer itself can be gone in a wink..)

The Carangidae are a family of ray-finned fish which includes the jacks, pompanos, jack mackerels, runners, and scads. It is the largest of the six families included within the order Carangiformes. Wikipedia - just in case anyone else wondered... beats me how a beer barrel can desintegrate quickly... (depending on how many divers, the beer itself can be gone in a wink..)

The metal barrel was at 10m or so with a weight, hanging from the buoy so that divers could make noise to lure the mobulas from the deep. As far as I am aware, someone took it (it did not desintegrate...)

The metal barrel was at 10m or so with a weight, hanging from the buoy so that divers could make noise to lure the mobulas from the deep. As far as I am aware, someone took it (it did not desintegrate...)
This is interesting..so the Mobula actually like to be "called" ? Hopefully knocking on the bottle with the end of your knife or torch will do the trick...

I don't know if they're attracted by noise, but I've seen them attracted by bubbles and divers. Unless the same divers go straight at them like human torpedoes... Some jerks I met just couldn't understand that...
:mad:
:banghead::shakehead::rant::76feet::catfight::maniac:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom