formerly Oceans Window in Plano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tx_Jeff:
Sorry, haven't heard anything about the SA store. I have asked the same question about the Austin store.

Blue Dolphin Scuba will also be having a sale this weekend at the Plano store, so for those in the area might want to check it out.

The store in Austin _has_ to be long gone. It's been over a year since they went out of business. It was the first of the 3 Ocean's Windows to shut down.

The Austin Ocean's Window closed in Nov 2002, and a tax prep office moved into the space shortly after. Some of the instructors went over to Scubaland (north store.) Late last fall another dive shop (Deep Blue Scuba - I think) opened a second location in the same shopping center as the old Ocean's Window, but I haven't been in recently to see how they're doing ....

Diver Kat:
The Austin Ocean's Window closed in Nov 2002, and a tax prep office moved into the space shortly after. Some of the instructors went over to Scubaland (north store.) Late last fall another dive shop (Deep Blue Scuba - I think) opened a second location in the same shopping center as the old Ocean's Window, but I haven't been in recently to see how they're doing ....

I've heard from various sources that Deep Blue lost their ability to sell ScubaPro. Don't know if they were too close to another dealer, or if they couldn't keep up the astronomical minimum orders that ScubaPro requires...

I believe that Austin lost a couple of shops this winter... Hopefully, we'll keep what we still have left. I'd love to support them all more than I do, but I only need so many regs, masks, fins, etc. :)

PurduEE:
I believe that Austin lost a couple of shops this winter... Hopefully, we'll keep what we still have left. I'd love to support them all more than I do, but I only need so many regs, masks, fins, etc. :)

PurduEE - what dive shops closed in Austin this winter?? I didn't remember hearing of any - but sometimes it takes a while for the word to get around .... and I know what you mean about supporting them all - at a quick count I can name 6 that we've bought stuff from!!

Hey Kat....are you packed yet? :D

Blue Dolphin II in Plano has actually been open for awhile. It just had its official grand opening this weekend. If you knew the oceans window store come on by and see the new shop. The store looks 100X different with a totally new ambience. Tiki huts, palm trees, a wall mural, etc.

TwoBit

Dee:
Hey Kat....are you packed yet? :D
Hey Dee .... about 95% there .... still waiting on the Dee-Rags from you, my Zena back from Scubaland, and a few misc items from Leisure Pro ...it's not a dive trip unless you buy some new stuff - right!!?? Hopefully everything will show up tomorrow ... and then it hit the road to Houston on Wed, and the early plane to Bonaire on Thursday!!! :11:

Double D Diving in Austin closed at the end of 2003.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom