FOREVER BLUE - A SCUBA diving game for the Nintendo Wii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadamune

Reaction score
At last, a video game that attempts to accurately simulate the experience of SCUBA diving (replete with flailing reef cudgels, uh...I mean dangling console and SPG).

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/rfbj/

Set within the South Pacific, players can explore dive sites and molest, err, I mean "interact" with a variety of sea life. Very attractive 3D graphics and sound make it a compelling title, even for people who are certified divers. If anything, I think playing such a game would make me want to dive even more.

Do you think it will include gas management, or will it abandon realism for the sake of immediate gratification?

Hmmm, I wonder if you can "level up" to DIR...

Sadamune

Luckily I have a wii but I think i would be rather diving for real

Alas, FOREVER BLUE/Endless Ocean seems less of a SCUBA sim and more of a 'SCUBA arcade' game. From IGN's article "...with hardly any limits on air supply and no actual sea-based dangers...much of your time will be spent by simply swimming around and taking in the sights."

Hardly a rigorous simulation of actual SCUBA diving. However, if the game is successful, it may demonstrate there is indeed a market for a realistic SCUMA simulator. I, for one, would greatly enjoy simulated deep diving, cave diving, deco diving, trimix diving, rebreather diving, etc., on a modern, graphically rich game system. Hell, non-divers and those with no desire for realism could simply toggle off such technical constraints and revert to arcade style game play if they wished. Yet, I suppose half-hearted SCUBA sim is better than none...

Sadamune

cool. not cool enough to buy a wii though.

It may not be absolutely realistic, but it is another way to bring attention to our sport, and it looks really pretty. Before it the only other really cool underwater game I can think of is Ecco the Dolphin.

Back
Top Bottom