Force Fins, are they worth that much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair of original FFs, and they work fine for me. They are a damned sight better than the rental fins I used at first. YMMV.

I've been using the Tan Delta Force Fins for years. I have used all sorts of fins over the years, but always go back to the Force Fins. As for the Excellerators I've never used them, so I cann't say what they're like. They take a little bit of getting use to, but once you're use to them, you'll think that they are the greatest fins ever. They are easy on your legs, and that is why most people don't like they, they cann't feel them so they think that the fins aren't doing anything. You'll find that if you're cramping a lot the Force Fins will help you there. A little bit of strengthening your legs will also help, also more calcium in you diet will help with the cramping. As for the Jet fins and Turtles get them if you are interested in taking a few pounds off your wieght belt as they are the heavest fins around aswell as being some of the stiffest fins I've ever used. If you are into strapping some wieghted boards to your feet for some exercise then get them.

i also have been using the tan delta force fins for the last couple years and would never use anything else. i like the fact that it feels like there is nothing there but you can really move with the force fins. and working in a dive shop, the force fins are about the only ones that sell and i have never heard any complaints about them.

I always wanted to try a pair of the Tan Deltas, but at $495 a pair, even if I loved them, they'd be an iffy purchase. I used Force Fins starting in around 1982 and went through a whole bunch of models over the years. But I just a pair of the newly reissued Voit UDTs, so the Tan Deltas will just have to wait.

yes the Tan Deltas are a bit costly but i love them. i have even got a special signature on mine cuz i know Bob Evans, the guy who invented these fins.

I use the regular Extra Force Fins for a couple of years now and really like them. Felt kind of strange at first as I don't feel much resistance when kicking but I do move forward readily. After getting used to the sensation then everything is great. I used to use Mares Quattro before that. The forcefins are so much smaller to pack as well.
Many online place do offer significant discounts on certain models ( I am not sure why only certain models and not all) so it is good to shop around a bit first.

I use the Force pro and love them. I have bad legs and they were recomended to me buy a number of pros. I never get cramps and I have never read a bad review, but have read a lot of good ones. After the first couple of times that I used them I switched back to some boards so that I would "feel" more like I was kicking. Bad ideal, back to the Force. The only negative I have is that they tend to force themselves onto your foot/boot. That may make them hard to get off at the base of a ladder in seas. Best test is to dive/swim along side someone else. You need to be able to see the difference cuz it's hard to feel.

adios don O

First off force fins aren't for everyone. Second, they are only worth it if you can get used to them and use them in the way they were designed for, strong down kicks and quick pull backs.

Wait till you see what you want on ebay then grab it. It's way cheaper that way, I got both my FFs on Ebay.

Cheers,
SangP

I have a pair of Force Fins, for when I dive in colder water. There great very low Kick effort. There not the fastest fin in the world, but have more than enough power entering a zodiak. I would highly recommend the optional bungees as it makes donning/removal a snap. The main reason I like them, is that I find I have so much more energy at the end of a dive, & if I have to put the power on I can maintain it for much longer.

I am Currently going through Dive Master Class through PADI, & part of the qualification to pass is you have to do a 800 Yard swim in roughly 17min to pass & roughly 12min to get a 5 which is like an A. Wearing mask, fins, & snorkel, only using your legs & head in the face down. Right now I can do it in 13min wearing my force fins, & am working towards the 12min 30 second mark. With my Oceanic V-Drive fins out of the gate my time looks really good but as I go on, my pace slows so that I end up at about the same time, & my muscles are killing me especially my ankles & calves. So at the end where my force fins I felt like I got a good workout, with my V-Drives I feel like I pushed myself to the limit.

Back
Top Bottom