For you CAD users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I taught Autocad up to rel 10.
Its a perfectly good piece of computer aided drafting software.
"DRAFTING" no more, no less.
Just simple lines on the screen instead of paper.
If you paid $1 for it you paid too much.

Mike D

for a number of years now. Have used AutoCAD since rev. 10 and am up to 2000 now. I know how to use it and have a job, guess I can't complain.

Juls

Autodesk stands for

Asboletely Useless Totally Obsolete Drafting and Engineering Software Kompany

Yeeeehhhaaarrrrr! I'm on release 2004 doing residential construction technology details and drawings. It wouldn't seem that 2004 is any better than r14, they've just prettied up the graphics, moved everything all over the bloody place, oh and called the same functions something different. All a rip off as far as I'm concerned - bring back the drawing boards!! Oh yes...contracting in London does pay for all my dive toys - burn the drawing boards, hoorray for AutoCAD, and that it's too complicated for my boss to work out! chuckle!

regards
Dennis

dennisg:
Yeeeehhhaaarrrrr! I'm on release 2004 doing residential construction technology details and drawings. It wouldn't seem that 2004 is any better than r14, they've just prettied up the graphics, moved everything all over the bloody place, oh and called the same functions something different. All a rip off as far as I'm concerned - bring back the drawing boards!! Oh yes...contracting in London does pay for all my dive toys - burn the drawing boards, hoorray for AutoCAD, and that it's too complicated for my boss to work out! chuckle!

regards
Dennis

Well, since AutoCad is the only drafting program I actually know how to use, I can't complain too much. Every version comes out with new features, usually improvements. The catch is that you need to learn the features to find them useful. If you are stubborn and insist on doing this the same old way, you usually miss out. I was taught drafting on the board, and will never go back to using it.

I figure the 1/2 hour per day I don't spend looking for my eraser, triangle, french curve, erasing shield, etc. pays for the program. I've written a lot of lisp routines over the years to speed things up; with every new release I find Autodesk has provided something similar so I can dump some of them. And my sleeves don't get covered with graphite. On the other hand, I never had a drafting board crash on me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom