For those going to '08 DEMA... already made some basic plans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

friscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just curious as to how many of those who go to DEMA plan early or just do it last thing. What with gas and airlines going out of business or cost cutting and such, travelling seems to get spendier by the week.

I started to pester my wife about us getting air tix back in Febuary when we could fly to Vegas direct from HNL for about $975 for the two of us. This was a little above the cost 3 years ago. By March it was up to $1002 for the same tix and I kind of pestered enough that she agreed we'd just get 'em while we could... a week later Aloha and ATA went out... now those tix are up to $1864, even the transfer flights are all up in the $1500 and up range. Who knows how it'll be, from here anyway, by September. If we'd have waited, the extra 500-800 or more might have had us thinking twice about skipping it altogether.

I'm sure it's not so bad on the mainland, but I bet air prices are still rising for most of us. It'll be curious as to how many people decide to bite the bullet and pay, or just stay home.

I got R/T A/F from ATL for $288 (all in) and hotel that I will be splitting with 2 other attendees for $432.00. That makes getting and staying there a total of $432 (and I still have to eat and have fun too). A little more than I would like to pay but there is SO much to do in Vegas, and somethings are free (woo hoo). Did not get a car, will opt for the monorail to get around Vegas and then maybe get a car one day if we decide to go to Hoover Dam.

If it were more than that, I prolly would wait until next year when it will be in Orlando.. and then again maybe skip it then too.

Back
Top Bottom