? for the HK based PPDers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

midwestdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Just browsing through the cebu pacific air website and saw that airfare from MNL to HK is only 40$ one way. Wow! Now, I'm interested in making a side trip to HK. I've always wanted to go there, maybe for a week. When is chinese new year and is it feasible to go to HK at that time? Expensive? Is a visa required for a US citizen flying in from the PI?

chinese new year falls in feburary (fluctuates). Very expensive. no visa required - tourists can stay for 90 days.

thanks chip. really wanted to avoid that holiday as I know it would have been crazy. Good news about the visa requirements. Always wanted to go to HK and looks like I may be able to. Better save up now as I'll probably do some camera gear shopping over there.

midwestdvr:
thanks chip. really wanted to avoid that holiday as I know it would have been crazy. Good news about the visa requirements. Always wanted to go to HK and looks like I may be able to. Better save up now as I'll probably do some camera gear shopping over there.
Another option is to take Cathay Pacific from SFO to MNL and stay in HKG for a few days.

Ceby Pacific air sucks!!. Try contacting them if you have issues with your tickets. I paid over U$50 in telephone calls.

midwestdvr:
Just browsing through the cebu pacific air website and saw that airfare from MNL to HK is only 40$ one way. Wow! Now, I'm interested in making a side trip to HK. I've always wanted to go there, maybe for a week. When is chinese new year and is it feasible to go to HK at that time? Expensive? Is a visa required for a US citizen flying in from the PI?

Gio,

1. Chinese New Year for HK in 2007 is Feb 17-20. My guess is that that fare doesn't apply during chinese new yr which is a major travel holiday for the region and usually all airlines from Singapore to the PI jack up their fares...

2. No visa required for americanos...

3. Expensive? Well the flight will probably be... Hotels can be expensive but you can find some more reasonable ones (not hourly hotels :wink: ) I would probably avoid HK on Chinese New Yrs... Excluding hotels, daily costs (i.e. food) in HK aren't that bad (but obviously not as cheap as the PI :wink: ).

Well, if you ever do swing thru HK and if I'm around, we'll have to meet up for drink. I guess I'll see you in S. Leyte before that.

BikerManiac:
Ceby Pacific air sucks!!. Try contacting them if you have issues with your tickets. I paid over U$50 in telephone calls.

try emailing though they respond quicker and for free

BikerManiac:

I agree with this. I couldn't even get through the number they have on the website after I bought my tickets. Good thing someone from this board(I think it was PaoloV) gave me the number for their other office. They need to invest in a call centre, or maybe hire the services of a BPO firm to take care of their customer service needs.

Good thing was that the phone calls were free since I was calling from my office.

Back
Top Bottom