For Sale - Weight molds

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo Darmitz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all of you freedivers. I am announcing two new weight moulds that produce a weight shape you have all been waiting for. The weights are in the shape of an airfoil and offer very little flow resistance. I have moulds in two sizes; 1.7 pound and 2.5 pound.
See the accompanying photos or write to me at logicdesign@rogers.com for details.

Attachments

• SE-040F-1-D.jpg
    SE-040F-1-D.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 101
  • SE-027F-1-C.jpg
    SE-027F-1-C.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 87
Interesting. Is the belt slot large enough for rubber belts and is there any provision to keep them from sliding on the belt? I often though it would be nice to install a screw through the belt or just clamping down on the belt to keep them in place. How tall are the weights? Do they ride well low on you hip?

Interesting. Is the belt slot large enough for rubber belts and is there any provision to keep them from sliding on the belt? I often though it would be nice to install a screw through the belt or just clamping down on the belt to keep them in place. How tall are the weights? Do they ride well low on you hip?

The belt slot is 2" x 3/16". This is the same slot size that I have used for years on my pass through weights and have had many positive comments on the size.
As for provision to keep the weight in place, that is something I have never figured out how to do with this type of weight or for that matter, any type of weight. The solution I have found is with a screw through the weight into the belt. You would only have to do the two end weights.
The weights are 4-1/2" top to bottopm (115mm). Take a close look at the posted photo. At the top of the photo is a drawing of the profile. It shows you airfoil shap and the curve on the back side as well as the orientation of the belt slot. The slot is configured so that the bottom end of the weight curves slightly into th body.
The photo I have posted is of the one and only weight I have ever poured and is thus the only weight of this design in existence to this date. Obviously, I have not tested as to how it feels on the body.
The design was suggested to me by a fellow in Chile who has a similar design. He stated that it was the best weight design he had ever seen and asked if I could duplicate it. I worked from a photo he sent to me. At first I thought it would be impossible for me to make with the hand tools I use, but an idea hit me one morning and the results are what you see.
Thanks for being interested and thanks for giving me the opportunity to explain some of the features and history of the design.
Leo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom