For Sale Ingersoll Rand 1974 Compressor 223 X 5 196 Original Hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robohips77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
For this Forum only I am selling at a dirt cheap price a 223 x 5 CFM Ingersoll Rand Compressor with new 5 HP single phase 230 motor. This compressor came from a fire department and was not used in the last five years. In fact it was hardly used at all. It must have been the back up compressor in the early days. To date I have done the following items. First off this compressor was assembled in April of 1974 and is a max 3000 PSI (shuts down at 3100psi) compressor. All of its blow offs are set at 3300. It has an auto condensate bleed valve and auto shut off at 3000 PSI. I have two new filtration cartridges for this unit each costing 130 dollars from Lawrence Factor. Oh and the best thing is this compressor has only 196 hours on it. I will also supply a complete parts and service manual for this unit(original). I changed the Oil to CF 2000 synthetic. I put on a new noise reducing air intake filter. I have the original 5HP 3 phase motor also. I have an original v belt (new one installed). Along with this unit I have four newly painted and newly hydroed cascade bottles rated at 2015 + (so really can hold 2250) and the cascade whip connecting each bottle and the compressor. You will need to supply a fill whip from the bottles (maybe) I may have one. I have also completely rebuilt and changed all O-rings in the Robbins Air Purification system. Really all anyone needs to do is come pick it up (or I can deliver in Mid June along the I 75 corridor ) and set up your 230 Phase female receptacle power box from your house circuit breaker box. I recommend a 200 amp service in your house. This unit will need a 50 amp 230 double pole breaker. So why am I selling this ? I also have a 3 CFM compressor and an 8 CFM that takes care of my needs. It is unbelievably quiet. I am asking 3000 dollars for this unit and the Cascade bottles. This is absolutely a great opportunity for someone to set up their own air system. I also will supply the new owner with an Air Quality analysis check ( passed with flying colors) of the air from Trace Analytics. I also have the rack that will securely hold in place the four cascade bottles. Don't let only 3K of air turn you away from this. I also mounted this unit on four 350 lb caster rated wheels from McMaster Carr. Very easy to move !. PM me for pictures if you are a serious inquiry.

Back
Top Bottom