For Me It's Welcome Back!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LizGino

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well I used to be a very active member, many may remember me... and some may thought me deceased, but not so. I did however have a very abrupt departure not only from ScubaBoard, but from my previous life on Bonaire.

I'm now ready to begin my brand new life... and it has taken over 4 years to do so.

In April of 2011 I was VERY UNEXPECTEDLY diagnosed with Stage 3 Inoperable Colo-rectal Cancer. Ed and I returned to the US in March 2011, for me to have what was to be a "generic surgery" with an expected return to Bonaire in 6 weeks. On April 13, 2011, LITERALLY the day before my 50th, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 cancer. This was a shock, totally. We basically returned to the US with a few weeks of clothing and were told life as we knew it was over and that we could not leave for years. I apologize for not notifying all, but considering the urgency and the serious of the situation, I was struggle to live, one day at a time!

I immediately began many rounds of Chemo and Radiation, Colostomy surgery and many many many more surgeries for repair work from damage from chemo and radiation. I was basically out of commission for over 3 years. In a nut shell, we sold everything we had on Bonaire, and at the age of 50+ was starting over. It took us a bit to get "re settled". We are now in SE Florida, close to the Ocean (where I need to be, my treatments were in Charlotte NC, which was amazing, but when I started to get well my body craved the Ocean). Well we've been in Florida now for 16 months and we are loving it. I'm still dealing with side effects of chemo and radiation damage (I always will I suppose), but I'm in remission AND am looking forward to getting my toes wet again.

Doc... you can get rid of my old logon info... none of the info is correct and emails etc no longer exists. Consider this my new lease on life.

Hugs to all!

Liz Ginocchio formerly from GRI (last time I will mention that...incredible memories, but old life).

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are getting a new start with everything and that things are looking up!

howdy and welcome again from south Florida.......thanks for sharing your incredible story of perseverance and recovery. good luck to you and your family.

Welcome (back) to SB!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom