Foot Pocket Comparison Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Cosmicist

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Could a few of you help me out with comparing foot pockets? I got some gift money and I need a pair of fins. I recently sold a pair of Dive Rite XTs and liked those, but found them to be a little too long for my current purposes in my size (XL). The foot pocket was very comfortable, but maybe the tiniest bit too big. I'm looking at a couple of different fins, all slightly negative, and am wondering about the foot pockets. I've gotten measurements from here and the DGX website, but I'd like to ask for your actual experience before I go buying something. Unfortunately, my LDS only carries ScubaPro and those are not currently what I'm eyeing, so I don't have the opportunity to easily try these on.

All of these measurements are in inches, and L x W x H for the foot pocket.

(Control) Dive Rite XTs XL - 7.5 x 4.5 x 3.5
Hollis F1 LT - Size XL - 10 x 4.13 x 3.34
OMS Slipstream XL - 8 x 4 x 3.25

??? Have any of you owned/tried all three of these and found any of the foot pockets to be (dis)similar to the Dive Rite XTs (especially in size XL)?

I'd consider the Deep 6 Eddys, but they are almost exactly neutral (in fresh water, positive in salt) and I've had a couple of instances of floaty feet. Even when wearing Dive Rite XTs I had some floaty feet during GUE Fundies - and all other trim elements were satisfactory. I posted about this and cylinder types elsewhere, but if I'm recalling correctly I've fought this a bit across cylinder types. I'm currently diving recreationally with a wetsuit, but that is only until I gain enough experience (and money) to progress to dry suit and technical diving.

Finally, I do want something that is GUE/DIR compliant.

TL;DR - Have any of you used all three of these fins (or other similar ones) and found the foot pockets to be quite different in comparison to the Dive Rite XTs?

Anybody located in/near Savannah, GA that could help me try on any of these fins (besides Dive Rite XTs)?

Pocket size is just a general guide line.
One thing I learnt is never buy shoes on line.
Try it first with your own favourite booties.

Deep6 has some dealers that are dive shops with fins in stock. You might contact them to see if there is a dive shop near you. It’s a slim chance but worth it. A dive shop in WI I frequent has them in the store.

Pocket size is just a general guide line.
One thing I learnt is never buy shoes on line.
Try it first with your own favourite booties.
Oh yeah, for sure. I bought my Dive Rites only after trying them (and a few others) on.

I also posted threads on the regional forums to see if anyone could loan me fins to try in my area.
if you have high arches i have found the similarly sized turtle fins to be more comfortable than xl jets
I actually have duck feet. Skinny heels, somewhat flat, and get wider and wider up to the toes!
Deep6 has some dealers that are dive shops with fins in stock. You might contact them to see if there is a dive shop near you. It’s a slim chance but worth it. A dive shop in WI I frequent has them in the store.

I'm going to have to call them and ask about this. Their website doesn't show anything within a 2hr drive from me. Also, since they are pretty much neutral in fresh water (positive in salt), I'm not sure if I want to go with those fins. But everyone loves them! If they made a negative version I'd be all about it.

@flymolo

This, in a nutshell. haha

1642519165804.png

Back
Top Bottom