Follow the fumblings of a ten thumbed rookie.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, Got the last set of pics saved like you told me. Now I gotta figure out where the underwater shots went.They are not in the camedia file anymore.....That was a lot of help, thanks!!!! Got part of it fgured out anyway.

LOL....can't remember where ya put them? I've done that!

You can always search for *.jpg and find them all.

Dee:
That explains alot! First, stop using the Oly Camedia software! It's junk and won't let you open pics outside of it. You can download from the camera using your file manager in Windows....you ARE using windows, right? I have Windows ME. Here's what I do....

1)Plug the camera into the computer using the USB cord, or you can use a card reader.
2) Set the camera to 'View' (green arrow on the mode dial) and turn the camera on.
3) Go to My Computer and double click on 'Removeable drive'. It's drive F for me.
4) At the top of the screen, click on 'Folders'. This will give you the file tree on the left side of the screen.
5) Click on one of the photos/files from the camera and hit ctrl A to select all.
6) Drag all those files to the folder you want them in.
7) Double check that file to make sure all your originals are there.
8) Turn the camera off and disconnect it...or remove the card reader.
9) Clear or format your card.
10) Go play with pictures!
If you have two media cards and you want to get to the card that is not your default, you need to unplug from the camera and switch cards then plug in again without shutting the camera off - the pictures on the new card can be accessed like Dee describes above.

I rember where I put them but the puter dosen't! It was the only new file in the oly software. Lookek for an hour last night still can't find them. CRAP CRAP CRAP! Guess I'll just have to go diving today and get more!

So if I fork out the bucks for a good strobe, how far away can I be and still get color? Single or double strobe? And how much?
BTW, following Dee's list I got em loaded and printed to CD. Once I learn to use Photoshop, I'l post some.

Strobes are only effective for 3-4 ft to get the full effect.

Dee:
Strobes are only effective for 3-4 ft to get the full effect.
If you are using a YS-90 or so yes that is true, if your using a monster like a 250 then your distance is significantly increased. It also has somewhat to do with clarity of the water color of the subject etc, but 3-4 ft is a good number for general use with most midsize strobes.

And the price diff would be?

Wildcard:
And the price diff would be?

I don't know the price difference but IMO the huge strobe are overkill. And they won't give you that much more coverage. Either of these strobes will reach out to 5-6ft, just won't be optimum full strength at that distance. If you feel you need more light, go with dual D-180's or YS90DX's.

OK, How about this option? A very LARGE and BRIGHT handheld so I can focus, see the object and fill it with my internal flash?

Back
Top Bottom