Fogless Mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubagrrl06

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently read about a mask that was suppose to not fog or need anti fog to keep it from fogging. I can't remember the manufacturer or name. Has anyone heard of this?

Was looking to purchase it as a Christmas gift for someone who already has absolutely everything. :)

I saw one advertised once, I think it was on a spearfishing board. it was made by a company called Miller Visual Dynamics who had a website address of www.fogless.com

The site does not exist anymore, I am thinking things didn't work out so well?

TOM

I bought one once. I didn't read the instructions and a warning there said to never use it in a clorine pool, which is where I used it. So it always fogged up.

Just purchased one 2 days ago from LDS. I haven't tried it yet but am off to Curacao this week and will post how it works when I return. The company is SEAC-SUB. and the mask is an EAGLE EYE. I tried searching the web but was unable to find any real solid info. PM me if you want and I can put you in tough with my LDS and they can help you out. According to the tags that came attached, all you have to do is get it wet and put it on. The water takes care of the rest...? The tag also says that salt water revives the anti-fog? I hope fresh water does the same as salt water is far away but once a year.

I saw something about this a year or two ago in some dive newswire about nifty new products. It uses a special coating that prevents tiny droplets from forming. The question is how long does the coating last and how resistant to damage is it? Personally, I don't see the problem with just using defog. I actually use baby shampoo which works well and is much cheaper. Prep your mask and keep it clean and the fog won't form.

ReefHound:
I saw something about this a year or two ago in some dive newswire about nifty new products. It uses a special coating that prevents tiny droplets from forming. The question is how long does the coating last and how resistant to damage is it? Personally, I don't see the problem with just using defog. I actually use baby shampoo which works well and is much cheaper. Prep your mask and keep it clean and the fog won't form.

Yes I agree. I have no real problems with fogging mask. But for a SO who has absolutely everything it's kind of a novelty type thing. Can't think of anything else to get him for Christmas. (That I can afford :))

Thanks P1Medic. I plan on stopping in at my LDS this weekend and seeing if they have one. (Actually I think it may have been an ad in the mail from them that I originally saw it on.) I'll let you know if it's the same one. Keep me posted on how yours works out.

Thanks!

p1medicshawn:
Just purchased one 2 days ago from LDS. I haven't tried it yet but am off to Curacao this week and will post how it works when I return. The company is SEAC-SUB. and the mask is an EAGLE EYE. I tried searching the web but was unable to find any real solid info. PM me if you want and I can put you in tough with my LDS and they can help you out. According to the tags that came attached, all you have to do is get it wet and put it on. The water takes care of the rest...? The tag also says that salt water revives the anti-fog? I hope fresh water does the same as salt water is far away but once a year.

How about making your own salt water at home?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom