Focus Problems? GoPro 3+ OR GoPro 3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

Can anyone out there tell me if it is true that the GroPro 3+ has some issues with focus? I have read reviews stating that the focal point has been changed to about 4ft and thus things in beyond have a "soft focus" look. Has anyone noticed this? To me this seems like it would be an issue for getting the scenery in diving videos.

Try to decide whether or not to get the 3+ or the 3, as reviews have said the prior version didn't have this lens.

Thanks,
T

I don't have a 3+, just the 3 BE but from what Iv'e gathered many of the 3+'s do have that focus issue. They have said that GoPro will correct the issue for you if you notify them of the issue. I've also heard that the newer models of the 3+ have this issue resolved. Maybe someone else could verify this.

Actually this thread goes into the subject: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/go...-noticed-issues-focus-distance-gopro-3-a.html

Hey T, all "new stock" Hero 3+ Cameras are issue free and have been for a couple of months. Just make sure you get one from new stock rather than old stock. Take no notice of batch ID's which many people think indicate when the camera was manufactured, they don't. Even new stock coming through can have older batch ID's.

Also avoid Ebay. GoPro don't allow official dealers to advertise cameras on Ebay, so anything you find on there, while cheap, are likely to be grey imports with dubious warranty in case of any issues.

As an official UK GoPro reseller we offer 100% genuine UK stock, focus issue free and we also offer forum members a discount, so get in touch if you need help or advice :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom