Flying with revo micro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got caps on the unit, rubber banded sandwich bags on the loop ends.

Plan to use ties to tie the loop and computers to the handle and then cover with the backpack cover.

So pretty much a mix of what everyone has said.

I have a Samsonite hard-side suitcase I got from Costco for fairly cheap. I have 2 memory foam dog beds I got from Petsmart for cheap.

I remove the loop, handset and NERD. I unbolt the rEvo factory stand base from the standoffs at the bottom.

I pack the unit and the stand base in the suitcase (with the hex wrench needed to put the stand back on), sandwiched between the dog beds. It's a very snug fit. The unit is very well padded around all 6 sides and doesn't shift an inch during transport.

It weighs in right at 49#. I check it as luggage.

I have taken it like that to Utila and to Bonaire. And I have shipped my Micro and my old Mini each like that, in that same suitcase with a mailing label just stuck to the outside of the suitcase, via UPS, from VA to WA to have each unit serviced. Never any issue whatsoever.

When I fly with my unit, I have always had so much camera gear that the camera gear is what gets carried on. No way to also carry my rEvo on.

Wife and I flew with our Micro units down to Mexico and put them in Pelican Air cases. Worked great.

My micro is under 50lbs in a 1607 with diverite transpac, revo buttplate, and nomad wing. Just carry on the loop hoses.

Just went through security the only thing of note was one of the tsa agents asking "is that a rebreather".

First time my dive gear hasn't gotten me searched. Now I have over 2 hours to kill because I was expecting delays at security.

Just went through security the only thing of note was one of the tsa agents asking "is that a rebreather".

First time my dive gear hasn't gotten me searched. Now I have over 2 hours to kill because I was expecting delays at security.

CCr checked in without any problems or just entry to airport?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom