Flying into Mexico with scuba equipment???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never a problem. You don't declare anything.

Just got back and didn't have a problem coming or going. BTW, they did go thru my bags. Nothing missing.

H2OU:
I have a question for those of you that have flown into Mexico with your scuba equipment. The question is posted here: http://scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=170785
Thanks!

I have never had a problem bringing scuba gear into Mexico. Heading down to Cozumel Dec. 28 for 8 days. We'll be fying into Cancun this time. This will be my sixth flight into Mexico this year and I have never been questioned about my gear. I have brought several dive computers back into Mexico for a friend. I had the repair records but have never been questioned the first time.

They did question my commercial paint sprayer when they ran it through the scanner at the airport at Thanksgiving. I pulled out the bill and it was under the $600 limit so no problem.

When I drove down this summer I had to declare items other than personal things. Like my generator, DeWalt tools, air compressor, etc. I cured this by having the sales records and or making a printout to declare the value of the items. I just paid the import tax and kept my records to show when I came to inspection checkpoints.

Back
Top Bottom