Flying in with Scuba equipment into Shanghai. Yes or no?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chadmeister

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All!!

It's been a while since I've been on the forum due to work and since I'm moving to China soon I wanted to know if I can take my scuba equipment with me. Regs, BC, etc but not tanks.

Anyone know if it's allowed? I read online that diving equipment is not allowed to be imported...

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
C

I fly regularly in and out of Beijing with a full set of scuba gear (less weights & tanks) without trouble. Likewise with diving buddies throughout China so I don't think there should be any problem. I've also bought gear (fins) while diving overseas and brought it in with the rest of my gear without problems. Also ordered two BCDs delivered to me from HK to Beijing. Never had a problem for any of them.

Where did you see that diving equipment is not allowed in China? There's a thriving diving community that splurges heavily on gear here and most of that gear are the big brands like Scubapro, Halcyon, Mares, etc. Would be a real hassle if our favourite sport was illegal :)

I just flew into Shanghai 2 days ago with all my scuba gear, no issues. And as mentionned above, same with my dive buddies around here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom