Fly over the Blue Hole?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgreno

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

My wife and I will be staying in Ambergris Caye in a few weeks and plan to do a bunch of diving. We want to hit the Blue Hole and I've been reading all of the posts relating to the area on this board.

We'd like to take a flight over the Blue Hole to get a different perspective and take some photos.

Does anyone offer this service?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

You can charter a plane or a helicopter but it'll cost you. No-one does it as a regular service.

If your flying into Roatan on Continental Airlines about twenty minutes out look out the Port side of the plane and you will see it 3/4ths of the way up the atoll below in the middle from east to west! Look close and you can see it!
600_DSC00642_Great_Blue_Hole.jpg

We'd like to take a flight over the Blue Hole to get a different perspective and take some photos.

I've seen it just as PapaBear describes it.

Best view you can get of it.

Attachments

• DSC_0036_2.jpg
    DSC_0036_2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 53
  • photo_04_thumb.jpg
    photo_04_thumb.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 40
As peter said you can use a private air service. the Helicopter service is rather expensive,or you can try, Javier flying services they do sight seeing services. javiers@btl.net.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom