Fly marked as a dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

emoreira

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last weekend I did several dives.
The last dive (dive #7) was done on Sunday, it was a 44 minutes dive at a max depth of 7 meters. The dive ended at 6:32 PM. The following day, Monday, at 3:33 PM, the fly back home was reaching altitude and cabin decompressed.
The PDC was with me in the cabin.
Back at home, I was downloading the PDC log and I was surprised to see that it showed an 8th dive done at a depth of 2.4 meters, exactly 21:01 hours of Surface Interval, and a duration of 9:-- hours, min water temp of 13 °C
The PDC is an Oceanic VEO 180NX
I don't know if the PDC was showing the H2O sign, meaning that the contacts were still wet.

2016-10-13 21.25.14.jpg

I was reading the PDC Manual. Perhaps the two minus signs are a reference to a No fly time violation. The manual is not clear with regard to the no fly time violation.

Any better explanation ?

sounds like it activated at some point during the flight at cruising altitude and decided you were at altitude. then your descent back to sea level was counted as a dive. the math checks about right for a cabin pressure around 7400 ft.

My first Oceanic Pro Plus 3 did something similar. After 2 morning dives I was taking a nap in the afternoon. The PP3 activated in my hotel room, thought it was doing an altitude dive, and after the maximum dive time (exactly x hours, don't remember the exact number) it ended the dive and reset my dive number to 0 (2 morning dives still in the logs and less than 24 hours, dive number should have been 2). I had just purchased the PP3 the month prior, returned it to my local dive shop who contacted the distributor and I received a replacement. The replacement has been fine for over 2 years.

Not long after my issue, I read a review of someone having a similar issue with a PP3 with theirs happening on the airplane home from a dive trip.

I would guess an issue with the pressure sensor... emphasis on guess.

Cheers,

Jim

Back
Top Bottom