Fluorescent Dive Lights / filters (anyone tried the cheap conversion kits?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used the FireDiveGear.com: Products filters (they were about €100 for four divers including the mask keepers) and just put the blue filter on my Led Lenser lamp.
The results were gread in the seagrass and sand but on the reef I would have liked a more powerful light.
A big advantage ist the fact that you can just remove the blue filter fron the LedLenser and put it back on under water if you want to see non flourescence objects.

just got the yellow plexi i bought online - tested it out in the dark against the didge - floro shows up well and others are well muted. just need to draw out the template for my mask & the gopro. FireDiveGear requires a username & password to access the templates :( (SP Scout)

TillYtec will soon offer a stronger blue torch. Custom filters for underwater torches can be ordered here: iGoScuba The adapters are prepared by 3D-printing for various strobes. Since I have constructed HiTec/HighPower torches since 2007, we have a lot of experience with different equipment. An article about the use with strobes or white LEDs can be found here: http://www.uni-due.de/zoophysiologie/ab.guests/PhosphorLowPDF
Links tor my YouTube Movies, also including the test of the Light&Motion Sola.Nightsea , can be found on my homepage: https://www.uni-due.de/zoophysiologie/
Cheers Horst

I am wondering which 1000 lumen would be a better choice for flourescent diving. A spot or a video? I am thinking perhaps video given the more even spread and wider field. any thoughts?

Thanks

Craig

Back
Top Bottom