Flower Gardens!!! Sep 23-24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zach5150

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi! We are going to the FG on sep 23-24th. This is our first trip out there, so I had a couple of questions. I did some searches on TSD and didnt find exactly what I was looking for....

How bad does the weather/seas have to be for them to cancel the trip? I'm guessing anything over 6 feet?

Is this the right time of year for Whale Sharks? Hammerheads?

6+ and/or winds in excess of 15 kts.

Generally if you get winds that high the waves will be up too.

Also realize the Captains use a pay service to make the call.

TwoBit

If you have not been there already, check out their website at www.gulf-diving.com. They have an excellent real time weather pathway.

Regards,

I believe I've been told the hammerheads school in the springtime. The fall - around coral spawn, which has just passed - is supposedly the better time for whale sharks. There's another post in this 'room' that indicates some were just seen off some rigs around South Padre, and I believe the last reported sighting showing on Gulf-diving.com's website was from 1 August.

Back
Top Bottom