Flower Gardens April 23-24 Swampers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
April 23-24, 2005

Any Swampers interested in making this a group trip? I have 7 spots left!
$380 per person plus $65.00 for nitrox
We can add on Nitrox certification for $99 bucks if you are local to the DFW and complete your dives on the boat. We need to do a 4 hour class at the shop.
Deposit is $100 per person
Final pay is due 21 days before the trip departs.
Must be there on Friday at 8PM at the dock in Freeport. Saturady - 5 dives, Sunday 2 -dives and then back at the dock around 5:30PM

never been there does the $380 include lodging and meals how does this work I would like to go might be able to get my nitrox by then. and would i need to provide weights also?

dementid:
never been there does the $380 include lodging and meals how does this work I would like to go might be able to get my nitrox by then. and would i need to provide weights also?

Here is the link of the best charter to use http://www.gulf-diving.com/index.html
Yes you do provide your own weights. This is a 2 night live-a-board 7 dive trip. It is semi-hard core diving in that you get alot of dive time in at reasonable depth under 'ocean' conditions. I was booked for what would have been my first FG trip this week,,,but mother-nature had other plans and the trip was canceled. I bet alot of other Swampers will add some insights,,,,also many posts have been done on this topic,,,,do a search. I am reschd. for June and can't wait!!!!

Hemlon:
Do you need to have nitrox cert to go on this trip? If ya' dont, will it still be a good trip?

No you do not heed a Nitrox cert to do the trip. It is recommended by our shop though because of the repetitive deep dives that you do while you are out there. You can dive tables and or a computer on air but you won't have as long of a dive or as many dives as someone on Nitrox. It's a gas man......... ( sorry just say the Wild Angels with Peter Fonda on TV, I am all about the 60's right now, man) . You will still enjoy the trip!

When do the hammerheads school? or am I thinking about a different site...

PolsVoice:
When do the hammerheads school? or am I thinking about a different site...

The hammerheads schooling varies year to year,,,but generally from mid Feb thru mid March.

The trip is still on but no swampers yet. I have a few spots and may be able to get more.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom