Florida Wrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I know, I'm eager to go and will probably do so this summer. Any suggestions on wreck sites and dive ops would be welcome. I live in NW Indiana, close to Lake Michigan and have dived in the Straits of Mackinaw on real shipwrecks and it is a complety different. Vis is at best maybe 50 feet, and even in July water temps at 100 feet are in the forties. My wife and son are both certified and prefer the warm water. So the next wreck on the agenda is the Hilma Hooker in Bonaire, we leave at the end of March, counting the days and fiddling around with gear. Hawgfish out.

Hawgfish:
You live so close to me. Have you considered going on the Wreckmania trip Walter and I put together for July?
Check it out under Group Trips.
PS You're going to enjoy the Hilma Hooker. I dove her last March.

Pinkbubbles my favorite area is from Pompano to Lauderdale. There are tons of wreck dives and operators, all are pretty good.
My favorite dive operation is Jim Abernathy's (great group of people and great boats) favorite wreck dive is the Mercedes
Hope that you have a great time while here.

Would love to. We go to the Key's every summer, just not during lobster season. Work schedule and available scuba funds dictates when, and how. I would be interested in any comments, warnings, or suggestions you have for Bonaire, it's our first trip. Staying at the Carib, we plan to do mostly shore diving, probably a boat dive or two. We figured that we just check the lay of the land and go with the flow, even though my wife has done extensive research, the first time to a new location will have it's surprises. Can't wait, Hawgfish.

Hawgfish:
I want to keep this thread on track, so I won't talk about Bonaire here. I only brought it up because you mentioned the wreck there.
Go to the top of the page in the search box. Type in Bonaire and all the treads will come up.
Herman, Rick, and myself, have wrote lots to read about it.
Have fun!

Anyone heard of the Adolphus Busch?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom