Florida Keys Snorkeling???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep Blue

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest where to go, excursions to look for, or tour operators / dive shops to speak to about going snorkeling throughout the Florida Keys?

Snorkel the Key Largo and Looe Key areas of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Don't bother with snorkeling in Key West (topside attractions are far more entertaining).

Unless there are divers or freedivers in your party, you're probably better off with a snorkel tour operator than a dive operator. Ask where they go, how many people they carry, how much water time is allotted, and what's included in the way of gear, beverages, snacks, etc.

You'll get a feel for whether or not a particular operator is for you based on their responses to your questions. Enjoy!

Silent World takes both divers and snorkelers. My family did a combined trip last summer. (The kids loved snorkeling Carysfort Reef and The Christ.) They're at mile marker 103, near the entrance to Pennekamp. The Pennekamp Park web site lists several local operators.

Good luck and have fun,
Grier

Upper Keys, I have always used Pennekamp park for snorkeling, for Looe Key, my sister used the boat out of Bahia Honda State Park.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom