Florida Keys Snorkeling Spots??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogfrog

New
Reaction score
Hi, I'm taking a trip with another couple to Key West this month and we want to relax and do some beach snorkeling anywhere in the keys on our way down. Anyone know of any good spots to stop and snorkel? We're already planning Pennekamp, but any other locations would be great.

thanks,

BogFrog

not really sure it would be the best or not... but we stopped at Marathon and swam at a local beach area there.
Have a fun trip!

I just left the Keys and the weather doesn't look beautiful, we only got 1 out of 6 dives accomplished, but my dad and I scrubbed the trip and went up to the Crystal River area, which was great. We did the manatee snorkel, a cavern dive, and a Rainbow River dive with American Pro Dive Center. Hopefully the weather will be good for your trip, though.

Years back we would go down and stay at the KOA on Fiesta Key. We used to do a lot of snorkeling off there. Also you probably know this, but most any dive shop along the way can direct you. I'd say, when you get to a point you are ready to stop, ask. I've seen dive packages that offer SCUBA/Snorkel packages. So you shouldn't have any problems finding great spots. Also there is an excellent site a couple miles off Marathon Key I've heard about. Tops are about 8 feet from the surface and go down about 30 feet. They are like walls you can just cruise back and forth. Enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom