Florida Keys in November

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tobagoman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Y'all!
Just wanted to get a feel for what the weather and dive conditions in the Key Largo area are for mid-November. I appreciate any response!

hi there,
check out the florida conch divers section for detiled info, theres tons on there. Basically the answer is 'great' !!!
Water temps will still be good and warm, although November is still storm season, it is the end, so you should have great diving weather. the topside temps will be warm enough to enjoy, but not as sweltering as it is right now (in west-central florida, 84 degress at 6am today)
you'll have a great trip.

I went last year. I was a litte worried about the temp, but it wasn't bad. I was a litte dissapointed with the surge, but it was still well worth the trip. There's a NOAA Buoy at Molasses reef ( I think that's right ). You can do some searches on the internet and get access to the data from that buoy, if it helps any. We used Silent world and got a great deal on multiple dives. I think we did about 12 dives including the Speigal Grove. have fun.

http://www.pennekamp.com/sw/

Travelocity is having a special out of D.C. to Fort Lauderdale with round trip tickets at $103.00 (go to their Flights/Low Fair Alert page). You can also find cheap deals to and from other destinations this way. So I purchased them for my wife and I. We've dove the Keys in the spring and summer, but never in the late fall. Thanks for the info.

My buddy and I dove Key Largo in November 10-11, 2002. Air temps were in the 80's to 90's. Bottom temps were 79 to 81 degrees at 32 to 86 feet.

That may have been unusual, but everyone there seemed to act as if it was pretty normal.

We did get rained on one day on the boat ride back in.
-----------------
We also dove Key Largo for 5 days from Christmas to New Years 2003. I don't remember the air temperatures, but it was comfortable. Bottom temps were 68 to 73 degrees at varying depths. That was cold enough that I had to switch from the .5mm to the 3mm wetsuit.

Just a few data points to help you out,

Wristshot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom