Florida investment property - where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oharag

Reaction score
I'm not too familiar with the Florida scuba scene, but I'm curious as to what most people would consider the best place to invest in property down in Florida considering nearby scuba attractions? I dive wrecks mostly, but may be inclined to dive caves in the future. Is there an optimum location in Florida to get to a number of diverse scuba attractions (1 to 2 hour driving is acceptable)? Cost is also an issue. I'm not a millionaire :wink: The Keys I'm sure would be most people’s response, but the cost is probably prohibitive. Somewhere near the Keys that is cost effective would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
oharag

Homestead, the prices haven't shot up as much as the rest of S Fla, you're a half hour from the keys. There is a great underwater park at Biscayne Nat'l monument, 5-15 minutes away depending on where you live.

DennisS:
Homestead, the prices haven't shot up as much as the rest of S Fla, you're a half hour from the keys. There is a great underwater park at Biscayne Nat'l monument, 5-15 minutes away depending on where you live.

DennisS, so the Keys is where it's at for diving? I've been searching on the net, and it seems there are a ton of wrecks all along the Keys.

oharag

If you stay in the middle of the state (Lakeland) you can get to just about anywhere. The Keys may be a little treck (4 hrs) but they are doable. The East or West coast are within 2 hrs. In the winter all the springs are within a couple of hours.

Sebring is another central location but not real populated.

dive4funOften:
If you stay in the middle of the state (Lakeland) you can get to just about anywhere. The Keys may be a little treck (4 hrs) but they are doable. The East or West coast are within 2 hrs. In the winter all the springs are within a couple of hours.

Sebring is another central location but not real populated.

I'd have to disagree about the time it takes to get to the keys. It takes nearly 4 hours just to get to Miami from the Lakeland area. Obviously the time it takes to get to the keys depends on which key you are going to. It's been a while since I drove to Key West, but it's just two lanes most of the way south of Miami and it took me 8 hours to do the whole trip from Tampa.

This question would be easier to answer if some variables were known. Oharag - PM me and I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom