Florida Clean Water Act needs Endorsements

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cudachaser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
My friends over at "Surfrider Foundation" need some help with the Florida Clean Water Act..Surfrider has been very visible in making this happen. If you any business involved with Florida diving whether it be Instructing, LDS, Charter, Divemaster, Photography etc please call or email Surfrider. I copied Surfrider's email to me :)) the Feb 9 deadline is extended 1 week):

Dear fellow waterman,

Attached is a copy of The Blueprint for Economic and Environmental Leadership for Coastal Florida. Please take a few minutes to review this important report (you can also view the report at http://www.nrdc.org/oceans/florida/flfuture.asp).

The Blueprint for Economic and Environmental Leadership for Coastal Florida was first released in the fall and had a major favorable impact across the diversity of different coastal users, and these users coming together to endorse a document of this type is unprecedented in Florida and nationally - this is a national as well as state model. It is being reprinted soon and there are now about 75 endorsing organizations (>60 new) since the fall . Surfrider was 1 of the Authoring Organizations.

The goal is to get to 150 endorsers - with the focus on small, water-dependent businesses – to pool their voices. To endorse, all is needed is the organization / business name, the city and a point of contact. Please include telephone number and email address. The endorsement costs nothing, and shows your commitment to sound coastal development policies.

Your endorsement can be verbal or e-mailed to me. I will in turn pass the information to the Clean Water Network that is tracking the endorsers. For many years, CWN (www.cwn.org) and their many partners have done a tremendous job to keep our waters clean statewide.

Many important organizations and businesses endorsed this on the first pass - we hope many new water-dependent businesses can come together now. Let me know if you want to endorse or if you have more questions. They are closing this opportunity soon though.

Please get in touch with me by February 9!

Thank you.

Rick Hayes

Chapter Chairman

Surfrider Foundation

Sebastian Inlet Chapter

surfridersi@yahoo.com

321.779.0279 h

321.652.2024 c

www.surfrider.org/sebastianinlet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back