Flooded UK C4 eled

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chocolate

Contributor
Reaction score
I just flooded my UK eled light and according to the dealer I talked to, the cost of repairing it would be similar to buying a new one. For those of you who had similar experience, is it the case?

If a new light is the way to go, can someone suggest a model to me? I haven't really been keeping up with the latest stuff since I bought mine about 2 years ago.

I'm looking for a led light (white light for photo shooting) that can serve both as a focusing light or photo shooting aid as well as for night diving. Since I don't do a lot of night dives anyway, just thought if I could get one that could serve both purposes.

Thanks in advance.

I just flooded my UK eled light and according to the dealer I talked to, the cost of repairing it would be similar to buying a new one. For those of you who had similar experience, is it the case?

Out of curiosity, did he/she say what needed repairing? Was anything obvious to you from inspection? I'm wondering how LED lights compare to my old incandescent, which if flooded might only require replacing batteries and bulb and maybe cleaning some electrical contacts. Is this a disadvantage of LED dive lights? Anyone else have experiences or opinions to contribute?

well, my light smell burnt...

I always thought UK had a pretty good warranty. Try contacting UK directly. I don't think you should have to pay anything more than shipping, that's what Princeton tec required. Good luck.

The electronics for the light are probably fried and the battery contacts are corroded. So by the time they cleaned it up and replace the electronics it would be cheaper and easier to replace.

Here is my suggestion, properly dispose of the batteries and electronics, dump some lime-a-way or similar into the case to clean up the contacts, buy a replacement halogen blub and batteries and you have a backup light. Then buy a new light.

I have flooded mine with a halogen bulb a couple of times and all I have ever done is cleanup the contacts and replace the battery. The bulb was fine.

I have the C8 eLED, great light. If you were happy with the C4 you'll like the C8. I bought it and the SL4 from Leisurepro.com Something went wrong with the SL4. I contacted Leisurepro, they sent a RMA number. I shipped it to them at my cost and they replaced it at no further cost.

ok, thanks, I will see if I can get it fixed first.

I'm looking for a led light (white light for photo shooting) that can serve both as a focusing light or photo shooting aid as well as for night diving. Since I don't do a lot of night dives anyway, just thought if I could get one that could serve both purposes.

Thanks in advance.

However, for a led focus light/back up, does anyone have any suggestions?

I like the UK SL4 as my back up. It's another LED and in clear caribbean water it is bright enough to be a primary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom