Flooded Snorkel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We got it and yes it was good.

Originally posted by chepar
ok, this one definitely intrigues me. do you use ankle movement "up" towards your head to do this?
First you learn the frog kick...
Then you learn to reverse the frog kick...
As with a normal frog.. kick and glide only backwards...
Or you can use reverse action sculling for small movement...

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Why would any....
I enjoy snorkeling too, UP!

Roak

UP,
Nice description of swimming in reverse. Seems silly but I have tried to describe it and never thought to call it a reverse frog, but thats what it is. Huh

Now that I understand the "how", I guess I can imagine the "why". A small crack or some other defect might cause a regular influx of water...

Thanks!

So how about some more of those "fun" skills....?

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

I found opportunity to make use of a trained skill (at least, done once in training), which one ordinarily might not think needed, which is, removal and donning of bc/tank underwater.

Case in point: for some reason, I jumped in without my wetsuit rear zipper zipped. Fortunately, water not that cold (tropics), and didn't notice this until at depth; wanted to get it zipped up. Also, fortunately, had slate, otherwise, not sure what buddy would've thought. In any case, doffed the stuff, got my suit zipped up by buddy, donned, and was more comfy for rest of dive.

-Simon

Back
Top Bottom