Flooded my ReefMaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry think not,metal parts in a camera are so small that corrosion already has done it's work and eaten them away. :shakehead

I flooded mine too, but as soon as I saw water in the window I shut it down, back on dry land we opened it up & dried it out, now... no problems. Just make sure it's dry before putting power to it...
course that was fresh water and it wasn't wet long...

GRTLKSDIVER:
I flooded mine too, but as soon as I saw water in the window I shut it down, back on dry land we opened it up & dried it out, now... no problems. Just make sure it's dry before putting power to it...
course that was fresh water and it wasn't wet long...

You open the casing or did you open the camera also??

I flooded a small all digital camera and it spent about 1/2 hr in the solution. I was told you could submerge it in fresh water back onboard then as soon as you get back to dry land find some Vodka or the highest percentage alcohol you can and submerge it in that and 'swish' it around. Remove and dry as well as possible and chances are good you could save it. The alcohol absorbes the water and then evaporates more easily. Don't know if that's 100% true or why it worked, if it in fact was the total reason, but my camera works again.

What kind of depths are you guys using the current versions of this camera? I owned 3 Reefmaster's and all of the housings eventually cracked and leaked at around 130'. Are they still rated for 160'?

--Matt

It is not a depth problem forgot to put the o-ring on. Had them off fot the winter so they would not stretch and completely forgot.

How fresh? Make sure it is completel drained, then let it dry for a while, then give it a try. Do not try it until it is completely dry.

I would love to see a result report on this one

gonne wait for it :popcorn:

BTW hope you have all the luck in the world :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom