flooded light help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recieved a new dive light for Christmas from my brother inlaw. It's a Princeton Tech Shockwave II.
I do not have the receipt, and I doubt if he will.
The problem is I used it the first time in Fresh water to try it out, and only went down to around 25 ft FW. After I got home I cleaned it up, and looked inside to see if it had flooded, it had not. Dry as a bone. So now... Last week I went to the ocean for a dive, and took the light. After the first dive at 40 feet I noticed the light had water inside, all black. When I took it apart, there was lots of rusty black gook inside. I have cleaned it up as best I can, but the reflector and cicuit board are a bit worse for the wear. Will PT take it back as it failed so early? I don't know anything about their reputation. Can I get it replaced somehow. Seems to me that it should not leak at all, let alone on the first saltwater dive I made with it. I have attempted to call them, but have got no response from them.

diverrick:
I recieved a new dive light for Christmas from my brother inlaw. It's a Princeton Tech Shockwave II.

There is a lifetime warranty. Take it to any LDS that is a Princeton Tech dealer and they will send it away to be repaired or replaced.

I noticed yesterday, that I still had the original box and bag the light came in, sitting in the back of my car, So I figured I'd box it up in that. When I opened the box I found the warranty info (funny how that happens). I called PT and I have to say, they did not hesitate. They told me to ship it right back to them and they'd take care of it. For once I got excellent customer service from a company. That kind of treatment will make me a return customer next time I need something. The only question now is: Am I going to get the same light back repaired, or is it just easier for them to give me a new light? I guess I'll have to wait and see. WOW... Customer service.... What a concept!

Back
Top Bottom