flooded drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
What kind of undies were you wearing?

i usually don't tell people about my underwear, but i wear two layers of polypro. one thin one for wicking and and a thicker pile layer for insulation. they're probably at least 10 years old and i had them around from my wild outdoor days. i would have been chilly with a full suit flood- mainly because the neck tear was pretty large, so i would have gotten a lot of water exchange.

regardless of the density of water, i would have been dangerously overweighted with my steel doubles. heck i was diving wet today and decided to do a natural bouyancy test- nothing but the swim trunks and i couldn't even float with a full breath. i guess my beer gut really is good for nothing.

i've seen some people do the duck tape thing- it's kinda funny because you have to keep asking them "is it too tight?" as you put it on.

do it easy:
i've seen some people do the duck tape thing- it's kinda funny because you have to keep asking them "is it too tight?" as you put it on.
You're supposed to put the duct tape on before you put the drysuit on......

jonnythan:
You're supposed to put the duct tape on before you put the drysuit on......

i didn't do it, but i have seen it done "neck tourniquette" style.

i was wondering how RED GREEN got 5 dives off the same repaired seal if it went all the way around his neck...

do it easy:
i didn't do it, but i have seen it done "neck tourniquette" style.

i was wondering how RED GREEN got 5 dives off the same repaired seal if it went all the way around his neck...
You just dont take the suit off... :eyebrow:

We've even used those metal binder clips from an office to close a zipper and then seal it with duct tape. Worked two dives, two dives in a row.

I would think it was very simple to solve the problem of a flooded dry suit if you think of simple solutions.
1. Don't Panic
2. find the leak.
3. make sure it is deeper than all other parts of the suit.
4. apply air
5. try to keep the leak the deepest part of the air system
It is a simple physics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom