Flood warnings out for north florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CamG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Sorry all if you are planning a cave diving trip check with your local connections systems are starting to blow out.
Madison, Little River, Troy, Telford,etc. there will be more speculated this week.
Peacock has not blown yet but is being watched closely.
Just a heads up if you are headed south.

Have not heard any report of Ginnie the water has to get really high to get at it.
I am headed back down end of March.
This past week we dove Jug for the first time if it remains it is a great dive and worth the effort to get there.

CamG

We are headed down Thursday, guess we'll see. Hopefully we can find something to dive.

There is always is some thing to dive.
Do some searches and reach out on SB and CDF for suggestions.
Only warning is to be prepared if you have never been in a system when it blows it can be quite interesting especially if it syphons.
The rains in GA are the key.

CamG

Thanks, We're staying at one of Linda's houses, We were planning on diving in the Luraville area but we may have to drive to Ginnie. Hopefully we can hit Cow before it goes.

Ginnie is still hanging in and Manatee is always good when every thing else is down.....It's all the rain they had in S. Georgia....Will be awhile to clear.......

Keep Jug in mind.
Do not loose heart Linda will have a list of open systems.
No trip has ever been wasted even when it flooded we found places to dive.

CamG

Ok as of Wed. am Sauwnee River rose to 24.99 at 25 it starts to flow into Peacock slough.
Sounds like it is going to blow.
Sounds like Ginnie, Jug still open but stay tuned for more info or go to the CDF for unto date closers.

CamG

Jill posted a positive report on Cow yesterday.

If your diving is cut back, check out topside at Suwannee River State Park and O'Leno State Park. There are some gorgeous holes there to gaze upon wistfully, and some amazing and interesting history.

Also, be sure to spend some extra time shopping at the dive shops and such. These floods can be rough for business.

Indian is clear right now according to a dive report. It's by far the best easily accessible cave dive in Florida, if I were making a trip this week that's where I would go...

I will be in the area this weekend, and will add more observations. Alachua still looked really good as of Sunday though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom