Flood risk with housings versus housed cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are a ton of us who have Olympus c-xoxo cameras and Olympus housings. They are great cameras, especially the 5050 and the housings are well built and affordable. There must by forty or so of us on digitaldiver.net. with these rigs and various strobes, trays, etc. Check it out. Ask Dee about the Olys, she's had one for several years. TedJ

asher once bubbled...
....I know Ikelite has a housing, and Olympus has their cheap one - are these any good?

Thanks!

I know you didn't mean anything by it but....it really chaps my hide when someone thinks just because a housing is made of clear polycarbonate plastic they are cheap. The only thing cheap about the Oly housing is their price compared to those like the Tetra, and to some extent the Ikelite. They are not made cheaply nor do they work cheaply.

I've had my Oly for about 18 months. It's been in well used to depths up to 145 ft. and has never imploded, cracked, leaked or even fogged up. If that's cheap then I'll take it any day.

OK...rant button off!

By "cheap" I meant "inexpensive". If I'd meant cheap as in poor-quality, I wouldn't have been asking if it was any good. :)

Thanks for all the input!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom