flight connections US-airports - Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I second herman. i would rather not do overnights. If the plane could leave bonaire and be back about four i could make connections back to michigan and ohio from where our groups are from. I don't know about other areas.

It is very difficult, it is almost having to choose between two evils. In order to allow everyone to make the move throughout the air port, especially because you are going to an international flight, we have to allot 2 hours between flights, and check ins. The problem is the flights coming in from the majority of the airports come in around 9-10 am, not much earlier, believe me, we've done extensive research.

I think the fares along with the direct, non-stop from FLL to Bon should make a bit of difference. I tried as hard as I could.

We looked at Miami, but the feeder flights in are more expensive and they are now saying that you can have as much as 3-4 hour wait getting through the airport, especially with customs on the return.

For those of you in the NORTHEAST such as Boston, NY State, Vermont, etc, you will have the option to remain on the plane and continue to Niagra Falls airport. This is also excellent for Canadians, as the airport is only 40 miles outside of Toronto.

Liz

I was just looking at flight back to michigan and it would be fine getting in at 6 or 6:30 as there are flights leaving at 8 or 8:30 to this area. I just dont like the idea of having to stay the night then get up the next morning and deal with tsa agian and the lines on the return flights. Not only that i can set it up with a travel agent to make a connecting flight and then i can pack my bags by international regulations at 70 lbs each. If you once leave the airport and come back in then you loose international status and have to pay extra if your bags are heavier than fifty pounds. We ran into that once on a trip to the bahamas. We had a layover and the next day i had to pay extra for heavy bags.

What would be the departure time to bonaire from fll and the arrival time to fll from bonaire

From NY LGA this is what I found on Spirit to Puerto Rico. It's $94 each way. Now if you can get a little commuter or something to get you to Bonaire...you might have it made. Oh, You said mid to end of Feb so I put the 14th in

Itinerary: Round Trip From New York to San Juan
Departing Flights: New York to San Juan
Note: Fares shown below are for this segment only

Day Requested
February 14, 2006 ***

Spirit Coach $94.00 Flight NK705 Stops Depart 6:40 AM
Spirit Plus $194.00 *Business Class* Tuesday, February 14 2006 1 Arrive 2:18 PM
Spirit Coach $94.00 Flight NK861 LGA-MCO
Flight NK501 MCO-SJU Stops Depart 7:55 AM
Spirit Plus $189.00 *Business Class* Tuesday, February 14 2006 1

American flies out of PR to Bonaire 5x a week, but I don't know if the connections fit. Aaron, you have PM.

Liz

Aaron, just re-reading your previous post again...AA, CO and AJ all went back to 50 lb bags again, most likely due to fuel costs increasing....decrease luggage weights, so they don't have to increase ticket prices is my guess.....

Liz

Oh ok. That kind of stinks it was nice to be able to carry some extra equipment in case something broke. Thanks for your continued effort to make this flight happen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom