Flight Cancellation/Changes with Fiji Airways

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone else have a trip booked to Fiji in the near future and get a notification that your flight has been changed to a new date?

TVU to NAN to LAX on Fiji Airways and then LAX to Atlanta on Delta all on 5/18. Just got an email that the middle flight NAN to LAX has been rescheduled to 5/19 which would mean an overnight in Nadi and then rebooking the LAX to ATL flight.

According to Fiji Airways posts on Facebook we can reschedule the flight for up to a year, but no mention of refunds. Customer posts are saying a 2 and 3 hour hold time on the phone and then they are disconnected. At this point I just want a refund because who knows if we’ll even be allowed into Fiji by then.

Update: found the following statement posted today In the article linked below from the Fijian government. Sure hope Fiji Airways will issue refunds.

“From midnight tonight, our border restrictions on mainland China, Italy, Iran, Spain and South Korea will be extended to foreign nationals who have been present in the United States of America and all of Europe, including the United Kingdom, within 14 days of their intended travel to Fiji.”

https://www.fiji.gov.fj/Media-Centre/Speeches/PM-BAINIMARAMA’S-STATEMENT-ON-THE-FIRST-COVID-19-C

Interesting....my wife and I had a trip to Taveuni Dive Resort May 26th for 2 weeks. ATL-NADI_Taveuni.
I just canceled with the resort and sent in a Covid19 request to Air Fiji. I also would like a refund, so please update me
on how your situation works out. PM me if you want.

Thanks!
Russ in Gainesville, GA

I was on a trip and got stuck in Vanuatu when Fiji Airways shut down. I submitted a request for a refund and two days later was told I would get one. I submitted at Fiji Airways Feedback Good luck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom