Flex desks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001

New
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
You know....

I work in an office and I've been using flex-desks for a few years now. My own employer supplies us with laptops and a flex-desk is just a desk, a telephone and a network cable that you plug into. I can even work at home if I choose and it's all integrated with the network. Cool stuff.

It's great because you can sit where you want, you can move around if it's too noisy and you have lots of chances to meet people you otherwise probably wouldn't meet.

But .....

Lately I've been working at a client location and they have flex-desks too. In their case, however, it's all desktop computers and you just sit at any old empty desk you can find.... Same idea in principle....

However, and I have no particular fear of germs (in fact I rather like getting all nice and close to people), but you would not BELIEVE how dirty those keyboards get. I keep my laptop fairly clean and even if I didn't I probably don't mind my own fith as much as other people's fith.... I mean, I know when I've been sick and coughing all over it, I know were my fingers have been and I know if I washed my hands the last time I used the toilet..... but some of these computers are just .... ICK! I turned one of the keyboards upside own today because one of the little legs on the back of the keyboard got clicked in and the stuff that fell out of that keyboard just made me want to hold my hands out as far from my body as possible and say ..... "EEEEWWWWW"

Anyone else get so grossed out by flex-desks or am I just weird?

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom