Flat port or dome port?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for your input. I think I'm going to get a flat port for my 60mm and not worry about a wide angle for this trip. I really enjoy macro more anyway, but every now and then you see a good wide angle shot.
That's one thing I'm going to have to get used to with SLR is making that decision on the surface. With my Coolpix 5000 I had a wide angle wet lense that screwed on to the front of the housing, so I could switch back and forth during a dive. I'm sure all the advantages of the SLR will out weigh that one disadvantage.

Thanks again everyone!

Joe
You could always stack them! One photographer I know used to stack his DSLR and his Nikonos, or his P & S, and now stacks his DSLR and his Video (he uses a second tray with a ball on each side attached at the base of his strobe arms, which hold video lights). It's a little extreme, but why compromise? With fiber-optic strobes, you can even use the same strobes for both cameras!

You've got some real nice shots Bill! Were you using one or two strobes for most of those?

How was the visibillity?

Joe

Housings! I didn't take a picture of the rig he showed me at the CA Beach and Boat dive competition last week, but it was really clean. At the top of the grips on the DSLR housing, he connected a second ball jointed tray above the housing and between the grips. He then put his video camera on that tray and ran ball jointed arms up alongside the upper housing for his video lights. Very simple, very clean. I didn't notice if he had strobes as well. The whole rig was quite compact. He's done the same with his other camera combos in the past.

You've got some real nice shots Bill! Were you using one or two strobes for most of those?

How was the visibillity?

Joe

Mostly two strobes or one on-camera ringflash triggering an off camera strobe for backlighting.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom