Flashing depth on Geo 2.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soonerwink

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
While doing a no decompression dive down to 66 ft. My depth was flashing. It stopped when I did my safety stop. I don't think there was an alarm sounding though, could have been, I have trouble hearing them. But my buddy didn't hear it either. It did keep accurate depth and dive time and dive time remaining. I use the Geo 2.0 as a backup to an Aqualung i770r. I didn't have any violations on either computer and I use the same algorithms on both with conservative factor on. The battery doesn't show low. I looked through the manual and couldn't find any reference to the depth flashing. Has anyone experienced this with their Geo 2.0?

I know you can turn off audio alarms for Oceanic computers. I haven't seen my Oceanic flash the depth either, but I am wondering if you have a max depth set in settings? If you exceeded that max depth, that could be the reason? I don't have max depth settings on.

I know you can turn off audio alarms for Oceanic computers. I haven't seen my Oceanic flash the depth either, but I am wondering if you have a max depth set in settings? If you exceeded that max depth, that could be the reason? I don't have max depth settings on.
I think my max depth is set to 130 ft. but I was diving 34 % nitrox, but didn't get anywhere close to depth. It starting flashing at about 20 ft. or that is when I first noticed it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom