Flares

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think we can thank the Clinton administration for that. They changed the rules covering the sale of military "items" to us civilians. MRE's are not to be sold to us, surplus ammo (when there was surplus ammo), and surplus jeeps. Everything must now be de-milled.

captain:
It's made by Life Support International. I contacted them and was told it is only available to the military.

LSI sells only to the military, but the Pains-Wessex 55960 is the MK 4 (different exterior markings when intended for original sale to the civilian market but the 55960 is actually acceptable for military acquisition as-is; the part is identical.)

The 87-311A is a cannister for making it waterproof to 150m; it's inherenty waterproof to 30m.

lairdb:
LSI sells only to the military, but the Pains-Wessex 55960 is the MK 4 (different exterior markings when intended for original sale to the civilian market but the 55960 is actually acceptable for military acquisition as-is; the part is identical.)

The 87-311A is a cannister for making it waterproof to 150m; it's inherenty waterproof to 30m.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it.

Captain

I remember back in the day when we used magnesium flares in caves. Now those puppies could cause you some trouble, but great light. They would cloud the water if used in one place too long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom