Flamingo Tongue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divergirlbermuda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,
This weekend I finally saw my first flamingo tongues and 4 at that!
Hope you enjoy the pic, was pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks,

Leanne

Attachments

• DSCN2032.JPG
    DSCN2032.JPG
    245.5 KB · Views: 90
Wow, 49 views 0 comments.
Everyone that bored with a flamingo tongue? I didn't think the picture was that bad.
Oh well.

Leanne, your invitation to view the picture really didn't ask for comment. However, I thought I'd add mine. Being here in the kelp forests, I only see flamingo tongues when I travel to warmer water. They are definitely attractive and your picture captures that one well.

Beautiful little critters!

nice shot also, they aren't super easy to get a good shot of

it's a nice shot, good set of spots on that one. They're actually pretty common critters many places once you get used to looking for them, but it's hard to find one on a coral that's attractive. Often they've eaten half of whatever they're on so it's ugly.

I happen to like the little buggers quite a bit. I caught this 3-some last week in Cozumel. Comments are appreciated. :D

Cool. I've been specifically looking for them on my last two trips to the Keys and no such luck.

I happen to like the little buggers quite a bit. I caught this 3-some last week in Cozumel. Comments are appreciated. :D

A rotation and bit of crop would really make this shot stand out.

Thanks guys, I can't believe with all the dives I do here and this was the first time I spotted some.
Definitely cute little buggers in the ocean!
I get my kicks finding new things where possible.

kidsdream:
A rotation and bit of crop would really make this shot stand out.
Really? I agree about the crop but not rotating it. You can see the shadow from ambient light on the underside of the snails and sea rod. Rotating might skew the prospective, don't you think? But I'm no pro. I appreciate the suggestions and will try it out when I get time... Ugh, I haven't even looked all all my photos from this trip much less thought about post editing any.

Back
Top Bottom