Flagler/Volusia co. Florida Fossil/Artifact divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clovis1967

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this side of the state. I come from the gulf coast and know the Suwannee and the Sante Fe but, i am lost over here.
(i live in Palm Coast)
Any help on where to dive for fossils/artifacts would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to hook up with others interested in this feild. I have many artifacts and fossils and know a great deal about them and florida pre-history.
Please e-mail at
pappyshea@yahoo.com
Thanks
David Shea

Welcome to ScubaBoard

The Wacissa River run in the panhandle is supposed to be a good for fossil hunting - can't comment on it by first hand experience.

Welcome to the Board! You have a great dive shop right in Palm Coast. Oceanus Dive Center. I use them frequently and they are very helpful and friendly. There is also a local dive club that meets every month, which may be a great resource for contact with other local divers.

Thanks for the info, I have been to the dive shop in Palm Coast and spoke with a very nice young lady. They were not much help with info on fossil/artifact divers but, did tell me about the monthly meetings. I guess i should try to find the time to make a meeting.
David

DiverCatherine:
Welcome to the Board! You have a great dive shop right in Palm Coast. Oceanus Dive Center. I use them frequently and they are very helpful and friendly. There is also a local dive club that meets every month, which may be a great resource for contact with other local divers.

I am new to this site. i sent you a reply but i think it posted on the site as a message not just to you.
Take a look.
David

If you ever make it up to the Jacksonville Area, the St.John's River is starting to turn over some great finds for me. As of late I have been working the Intercoastal and Sisters Creek areas and have come across some good finds. A word of caution though, it's deep, dark and the current rips at times. The best time to go, and get any productive diving done is at either high or low slack, which gives you about an hour or two on each tide cycle.
Another spot worth checking out is offshore Fernandina Beach...alot of smaller relics wash up on the beach from time to time. Haven't been offshore yet, but I hear it's worth a trip, if you know where to go...still researching that one!

Thanks for the tips.
I have dove the Saint Johns once and would like to go back. I am used to diving dark water as i grew up on the Suwannee and most of my dives are there.
Again thanks for the tips.
David Shea

JaxvilleDiver:
If you ever make it up to the Jacksonville Area, the St.John's River is starting to turn over some great finds for me. As of late I have been working the Intercoastal and Sisters Creek areas and have come across some good finds. A word of caution though, it's deep, dark and the current rips at times. The best time to go, and get any productive diving done is at either high or low slack, which gives you about an hour or two on each tide cycle.
Another spot worth checking out is offshore Fernandina Beach...alot of smaller relics wash up on the beach from time to time. Haven't been offshore yet, but I hear it's worth a trip, if you know where to go...still researching that one!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom