Fix for Sticky canon UW case buttons.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why are they stuck? If it's from some ookies in there, I'd do a super soak first.

Nice warm water and some dishwashing liquid...soak for a while, push the buttons a few times during the soak. Nice warm water rinse, push da buttons. Dry thoroughly, push dem buttons again. Repeat if they're getting there but not quite.

If that doesn't help all the way you might want to do the silicone on a stick trick to dribble some down in there.

Why are they stuck? If it's from some ookies in there, I'd do a super soak first.

Nice warm water and some dishwashing liquid...soak for a while, push the buttons a few times during the soak. Nice warm water rinse, push da buttons. Dry thoroughly, push dem buttons again. Repeat if they're getting there but not quite.

If that doesn't help all the way you might want to do the silicone on a stick trick to dribble some down in there.

thanks, it seems to ease the effort. I'll be more carefull using the same technique after this trip.

I just went through this on a on a 2 1/2 year old SeaLife housing.
(Which uses a similar post, e-clip and o-ring design on the buttons as the Canon Factory housings)
I had just one button that was intermittently sticking. I called the SeaLife factory
and their suggestion after careful rinsing was to use a toothpick and put a tiny amount
of lube on the button shaft and work it in by pushing the button and rotating it.
It took a while being very careful to just get a tiny amount on the post and
keep it from getting on anything else but it did clear up my problem.

--- bill

I haven't had this problem YET with my AS710 and Ike Housing, but (and this may be an incredibly stupid question) would you do this housing soak with the housing sealed ( no water inside) or would you leave the back off and soak all parts of the housing, inside and out. Obviously the camera would be someplace else.
I have done the Silicone on a stick in advance of a problem and it seems to make the buttons work smoother. DD

So anyone got a neat trick for stick canon UW case buttons? Spray silicone etc.?
thanks.

I'm having a somewhat similar problem with the new SP-DC16 case bought last month for my Canon A720 IS. But in my case it isn't a sticky button but rather a sticky zoom lever.

I've used the case on 35 dives and everything was as smooth as silk for the first 20 or so dives but then the lever started to stick and not always return to its center position when I released it.

Has anyone had a similar problem? That post, because of its location, is not very accessible if I were to want to attempt the silicon on a stick trick.

Thanks for the help.

Rickg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom