Fitting a neoprene neck seal ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavidHickey

Contributor
Reaction score
Kingsman, Ohio. Near Wilmington and Waynesville
# of dives
50 - 99
Good morning,
I bought my fiancee an almost perfectly fitting almost new Bare HD Trilam dry suit. It came with a neoprene neck seal. As neither of us have ever had a neoprene neck seal we really did not know what we were doing. When she tried it on we simply put her head thru the neoprene and were wondering why the dang thing was so long as it was bunched up around her neck. It was tight enough that she said it was restricting her breathing. Well after reading a few posts this morning I've got alot better understanding now. Once the neck seal is on you have to fold the seal over so that the smooth part is against the skin. My question is, will the seal be less restricting when folded over properly? And if its still tight can neoprene seals be trimmed any? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
David

You can place the neck seal over the top of an aluminum 80 tank pulling it down to stretch the neck seal. Leave this on over night and try it again. If it is still choking her do it again. Also, if the wrist sleeves are tight you can stretch them using bottles or cans slightly larger than her wrist. This trick works!

Yes do the seal over your al 80 the night prior to the dive,and then prior to next dive,dont dive it if its tight it can kill! fold it over per the manual and they are sweet,I love mine.
Brad

A quick suggestion. If you have to eventually change it have whoever is going to do the seal for you send you a couple of different sizes to try on. Then send them back and tell them which one to put on. That's what I did. I LOVE my neo neck seal!

My shop trimmed mine.

When tried it I was turning red, so she trimmed a bit.

The I wasn't red but my adams apple was very noticable, she trimmed a little more.

Then it was juuuuuust right.

Wrists were fine as is.

First dives have been perfectly dry.

As you mentioned all seals get the inverted turtle neck roll.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom