Fitness Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NETDOC , I am still laughing.

I have had my fitness program on hold for a bit but still get enough cardio on the job.

I used to run 3 miles a day on the treadmill . Then , go into the weight room and do shrugs as well as decline presses.

I also do freediving and would often do these excercises while holding my breath.

Ron

Swimming is your best single bet.

Buy $6 kick board and in addition to alternate days of sprints and distance workouts (or two a days if you are that type of person) and take your fins.

Do sets of sprint and distance laps using the kickboard without fins and then put the fins on and do the same varying the kicks and times between sets.

Note: most places won't let you bring 'black rubber fins' so find something else or just do it without fins.

Depending on your level of fitness and the pool you train in you may find yourself shortly outpacing the swimmers in the next lane when you are on your kickboard. Just be sure not to listen to the guys teasing you about your new kick board.

There is hardly an exercise more effective and non-damaging to body parts. It won't make you 'huge' in terms of muscle mass but it will give you the strength and stamina that will better position you for diving.

maddiver, I agree completely.

While swimming, you build cardiovascular endurance and work muscles that are seldomly used outside of the water. Since SCUBA diving takes place in the water, it only makes sense to work the muscles that are going to be utilized while diving if you are looking for a workout routine that focuses on these areas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom