Fisheye tray w/ weight.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my Inon D180 this week on Dee's suggestion. I am more than happy with it but after reading the manual, I am a little intimidated. Can I just put it on Auto and hope for the best?

I also have taken a picture of everything in the house. Even turned out the lights to get a "night dive" shot. Gawd, I love new toys.

I don't have a charger so to be cool, I guess I need to get one of those too. Gonna need two dive bags!!

Dee:
Thanks....This one has a little more charater! :wink:

Dal...I know exactly what you mean! Here's what I do with my C-5050/PT-015...

Set the camera flash to slave. Set the camera to Aperture, Shutter or Manual Mode. You can ever use Program mode if you wish but I don't like the slow shutter speeds it usually sets. Set the strobe to Auto on the left knob. Focus on your subject, then set the strobe aperture on the right knob to match the aperture of your camera. This isn't always exact but it's a very close in most cases. Preview your shot and if you need more or less light, adjust the f/stops on the right strobe knob one click in either direction...left for darker, right for lighter *I think*! I'm going on memory here and you know how well it works! haha

DalTexDiver:
Got my Inon D180 this week on Dee's suggestion. I am more than happy with it but after reading the manual, I am a little intimidated. Can I just put it on Auto and hope for the best?

I also have taken a picture of everything in the house. Even turned out the lights to get a "night dive" shot. Gawd, I love new toys.

I don't have a charger so to be cool, I guess I need to get one of those too. Gonna need two dive bags!!
Patience dude, Patience. I too just received my complete set up and am learning a lot. I am reading every page of the user manual for the strobe. I wat to get it right once I'm UW w/ it. Unfortunetaly the Fisheye tray came with a defect. After further inspection of the fisheye and the screw I have discovered that the very end of the screw is crooked. I have e-mailed the manufacturer and explained my situation. Being that they are all the way in Japan, it's going to be a while until I get this rectified. Good Viz, George

Dee:
Dal...I know exactly what you mean! Here's what I do with my C-5050/PT-015...

Set the camera flash to slave. Set the camera to Aperture, Shutter or Manual Mode. You can ever use Program mode if you wish but I don't like the slow shutter speeds it usually sets. Set the strobe to Auto on the left knob. Focus on your subject, then set the strobe aperture on the right knob to match the aperture of your camera. This isn't always exact but it's a very close in most cases. Preview your shot and if you need more or less light, adjust the f/stops on the right strobe knob one click in either direction...left for darker, right for lighter *I think*! I'm going on memory here and you know how well it works! haha
Hey Dee, Thanks a lot...Great tip

I know, I know...I read the whole enchilada last night and finally determined that I don't need to put in the magnet and the C 5000 will not "slave". Have left everything in the box until DEPP confirmed flood coverage. They did that last night so I will be getting wet soon. Gonna spend a lot of time in the pool before going to Belize in June.

Thanks for the encouraging words and hope the screw comes in from Japan. Have you tried Home Depot? They have everything on earth and probably have something that will work in pinch. Or ask Gilligan on this board. He is the wizard of DIY.

Scuba-Rican:
Patience dude, Patience. I too just received my complete set up and am learning a lot. I am reading every page of the user manual for the strobe. I wat to get it right once I'm UW w/ it. Unfortunetaly the Fisheye tray came with a defect. After further inspection of the fisheye and the screw I have discovered that the very end of the screw is crooked. I have e-mailed the manufacturer and explained my situation. Being that they are all the way in Japan, it's going to be a while until I get this rectified. Good Viz, George

DalTexDiver:
....Have left everything in the box until DEPP confirmed flood coverage. They did that last night so I will be getting wet soon. Gonna spend a lot of time in the pool before going to Belize in June.

Very good plan!

Sorry, didn't realize you had a C-5000 and that it didn't have the 'slave' feature.

DalTexDiver:
I know, I know...I read the whole enchilada last night and finally determined that I don't need to put in the magnet and the C 5000 will not "slave". Have left everything in the box until DEPP confirmed flood coverage. They did that last night so I will be getting wet soon. Gonna spend a lot of time in the pool before going to Belize in June.

Thanks for the encouraging words and hope the screw comes in from Japan. Have you tried Home Depot? They have everything on earth and probably have something that will work in pinch. Or ask Gilligan on this board. He is the wizard of DIY.
Well after further investigation I determined that it wasn't the screw after all. I inserted the screw into the bottom of my C-700, the tripod hole, and it went right in, straight. So I contacted the folks @ Flaspoint Camera and they instructed me to return the PT-015 for an exchange. Seems that the threaded hole for the attachment of the Fisheye tray was machined improperly.
The housing is on it's way back to them as we speak. Just got back from the Post Office. Guess I'll have to wait until it gets back to continue playing w/ it. Meanwhile I can learn about the correlation between the C-5050 & D-180 & the rest of the set up for that matter. See ya, Good Viz, George

Good news, George! Beasts new PT-15 just got here, guess I better test it, just in case.

Dee:
Good news, George! Beasts new PT-15 just got here, guess I better test it, just in case.
Yeah, do that Dee. Make sure everything fits just right. Then after you check it thoroughly put in the bathtub for the watertight check. Boy are you guys going to have fun w/ your set ups. I see some competition here pretty soon. I expect to see some of Beast's photos too now. You go Beast ! Good Viz, George

Yeah, one of the reasons for him getting the C-5050 is it will be so much easier with both of us having the same camera. Every time he had a question about the C-4040, I'd have to shift mental gears to remember how it worked....that was hard on my brain!

Competition? He's already started! Take a look at this one. I never got a single decent picture of a Neon goby!

aab.sized.jpg

Back
Top Bottom